- Download the Volunteer Application Form and save it to your computer.
- For teen applicants only, have a parent or guardian complete the parental consent section of the application.
- Email the completed application as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You may also mail or fax the completed form to us. Please see the application form for details.
- Our Volunteer Services staff will contact you to schedule an interview.
Who can volunteer:
Teen opportunities are available year-round for those 14 years and older based on availability. Parental consent is required to participate in the teen program. In addition:
- A minimum three-month commitment is requested, but six months or longer is preferred.
- A regular schedule is required for many positions (weekly or every other week).
- A volunteer uniform is required.
- As a part of the commitment to the health and well-being of our workforce and community, HonorHealth no longer hires or re-hires individuals who use tobacco. We also can no longer accept volunteers who use tobacco products.
Types of Volunteer Positions
A variety of year-round opportunities are available at these HonorHealth locations in Phoenix: John C. Lincoln Medical Center, Deer Valley Medical Center and Sonoran Health and Emergency Center.
If you want to interact with a variety of people, including patients, visitors, HonorHealth employees and others, the following service-oriented volunteer opportunities may be a good fit for you:
- Information Desk
- Gift Shop
- Hospitality Services
- Music Enrichment
- Transport Services
- Courtesy Van
- Thrift Store
- Breast Health and Research Center
- Surgery Waiting
If you want direct interaction with patients, the following patient-focused volunteer opportunities may be a good fit for you
- Friendly Visitors
- Emergency Department
- Mendy's Place
- Nursing Care Units
- Spiritual Support
- Patient Hospitality
- Pet Therapy
If you prefer not to interact directly with patients, the following non-patient volunteer opportunities may be a good fit for you:
- Volunteer Office
- Materials Management
- Mail Delivery
Short-term opportunities include:
- Desert Mission Food Bank
- Team Activities
- Collection Drives
If you enjoy fundraising, making friends and making a difference, consider this opportunity. The John C. Lincoln Medical Center Auxiliary contributes to the Network in many ways. Funds provided by the John C. Lincoln Medical Center Gift Shop, North Mountain Community Thrift Store and other fundraising projects are donated to the Network each year to help provide additional services and equipment for patients and the community. For more information about the Auxiliary and the positions they have, please call the John C. Lincoln Medical Center Volunteer Office at 602-331-5729.
If you'd like to contribute your time and talents but can't come to one of the hospital campuses on a regular basis, consider donating handcrafted Items such as lap blankets, shawls, walker bags, stuffed animals and eyeglass cases.
If you're passionate about your community, these opportunities may be a good fit for you:
- Desert Mission Food Bank
- Adult Day Healthcare
- Lincoln Learning Center
- Blood Drive
- Tree Lighting
- Other Network sponsored events