If you travel on business, HonorHealth's travel medicine program offers a personalized prevention plan based on your medical history, physical condition, travel itinerary and exposure risks. The program's purpose is to maintain your good health while traveling.
Travel Program Components
- A country-by-country analysis of your itinerary and expected activities. Information on current health concerns for your travel itinerary will be considered in developing your health plan.
- A review of your current immunizations. We will recommend and administer both routine vaccinations and those specific to your travel plan.
- Counseling and prescriptions for medications to help prevent or treat illnesses while traveling.
- Suggestions for modifying your daily behavior to prevent travel-related illness or injury.
- Your personalized written travel health plan folder. The folder will include practical tips for preventing ailments such as diarrhea, rabies and tropical diseases. Recommendations for a travel first-aid kit and answers to your specific questions will also be included.
You will be asked to provide information about your travel itinerary, a brief overview of your medical history and your current physical condition. You will then make an appointment to meet with our physician.
During the appointment, the physician will review your health history and travel information. Please bring records of all previous routine and travel vaccinations. You will receive recommendations on how to maintain your good health while you travel, which may include additional vaccinations.
Because of the preventive steps you have taken, you are likely to return home healthy. However, despite the best preventive care, it is possible on rare occasions to develop symptoms that could signal illness. If this occurs, we will assist you with a referral to an appropriate specialist.