HonorHealth opened the first of eight planned outpatient medical facilities, bringing together primary care physicians, subspecialists and other healthcare services in one convenient location. The center is in Glendale at West Bell Road and 62nd Avenue.
The HonorHealth Health Center in Glendale, a $12 million, 27,000-square-foot facility, is home to eight family medicine or internal medicine physicians and is open seven days a week with extended hours. In addition to the primary care services, anyone who needs non-emergency, immediate care can get same-day care instead of visiting an urgent care or emergency room. The health center is also home to three cardiologists from the HonorHealth Heart Group, and a rheumatologist.
"This health center features hours and services designed with the community in mind," said Nathan Anspach, CEO of HonorHealth Medical Group. Our care is focused on patients' needs and emphasizes preventive services."
The Glendale location is one of eight health centers that HonorHealth plans to open across the Valley. Services at the center include:
- Primary care.
- Medical imaging.
- Laboratory services.
- Infusion services.
- Physical therapy and rehabilitation.
- Observation beds – to provide up to 24 hours of observation for non-life threatening conditions that don't require admission to a hospital or an emergency room visit.
"The observation beds will be staffed by HonorHealth hospitalists and offer more convenient, affordable options for patients who need an extended observation period. We're glad to offer this service in an outpatient environment, which provides convenience and helps us keep down costs for our patients," said Anspach. Electronic medical records will be integrated with HonorHealth physician offices and hospitals.
Primary care and urgent care hours of operation are:
- Monday – Friday: 8 a.m. – 8 p.m.
- Saturday: 8 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Sunday: 8 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Observation beds and infusion services are open daily from 9 a.m. – 9 p.m.
- Specialists, rehabilitation and physical therapy hours vary based on need and availability.
- A community meeting room is available for public use during normal operating hours.
The HonorHealth Medical Group's West Bell Road and Harbor Pointe practices have relocated to the new health center. The HonorHealth Heart Group - Arrowhead practice also moved to the new Glendale facility. Those physician practices will eventually include up to 20 doctors combined as the health center grows to capacity.