What's important to you as you prepare for childbirth? Consider HonorHealth maternity services as the right place to welcome your newborn into the world if you're looking for:
- Personalized care that focuses on the smallest detail.
- The most technologically advanced medical services.
- Experienced, knowledgeable obstetricians and anesthesiologists.
- A warm, compassionate and experienced staff to support you.
- Convenient birthing centers, one at Scottsdale Osborn and another at Scottsdale Shea medical centers.
- Safety and comfort.
You'll give birth in a private, comfortable, home-like birthing suite. The skilled HonorHealth maternity team will follow your birthing plan and support you every step of the way.
After your baby is born, you and your baby will move to a postpartum room where you'll stay until discharge. You'll have a nurse dedicated to the needs of both of you.
Family-friendly policies ensure you and your family can remain close to your newborn throughout your hospital stay. Studies show that rooming in, mom and baby staying in the same room, supports bonding between you and your baby, and with the baby's immediate family members. It also gives an opportunity to learn more about what life will be like once you head home with your baby.
A beautiful HonorHealth tradition is a soft lullaby played throughout the entire hospital when your baby is born. The chime is a wonderful reminder of the circle of life for hospital patients and visitors.
High-risk pregnancies are managed with ease and expertise
If your pregnancy is considered high-risk due to factors such as expecting more than one baby or going into pre-term labor, you'll be in experienced hands. HonorHealth is prepared for high-risk obstetrics with maternal-fetal medicine specialists available 24/7; they can manage complications and ensure the safest possible delivery.
Neonatologists and an available neonatal intensive care unit (NICU)
If your baby requires special care, you'll find it at both Scottsdale hospitals.
Scottsdale Shea is the only hospital in the northeast Valley with a Level III neonatal intensive care unit designation from the Arizona Perinatal Trust. The Level III NICU serves babies requiring subspecialty and intensive care at all gestational ages. This allows your baby to receive specialized care closer to home.
Scottsdale Osborn's nursery is a Level II nursery, as certified by the Arizona Perinatal Trust. The Level II nursery serves babies who require more than well newborn care but less than intensive care. The same neonatologists (physicians who take care of premature babies or sick infants) serve both Scottsdale hospitals.
Resources for families before and after baby is born
Take advantage of HonorHealth's available resources before and after you bring your newborn home:
- Tours familiarize family members with birthing suites, postnatal rooms, surgical areas and the special care nursery (Scottsdale Osborn) and Level III NICU (Scottsdale Shea).
- Classes abound — for new moms and dads, siblings, those having a scheduled cesarean and on topics such as breastfeeding and caring for a newborn. Online options are even available for those with limited time and/or mobility.
- Support is never far away. Take advantage of support groups for new moms and those struggling with postpartum depression.
- If you have questions about breastfeeding while you're in the hospital or once you're home, the Center for Breastfeeding Support (at both Scottsdale Osborn and Scottsdale Shea) can help.
- The Essential Touch Boutique provides practical and pampering items for new moms, including skin care products, baby carriers and nursing supplies (including breast pump rentals).
- The Essential Touch Wellness Center at Scottsdale Shea even offers in-room spa treatments to reduce stress and create a sense of well-being.
Simplified options for pre-registering and making cash payments
You can submit the necessary paperwork before your special day by pre-registering online.
In addition, the cost for your baby's birth can be reduced if you're able to pay cash in advance. In fact, this can result in significant savings. Medical costs vary, but you can review cash pay options (PDF).
Learn more about HonorHealth's maternity services by downloading a printable PDF brochure.