Skip to main content
Hospital consults performed at HonorHealth
- Scottsdale Shea Medical Center
- Scottsdale Osborn Medical Center
- Scottsdale Thompson Peak Medical Center
- John C. Lincoln Medical Center
- Deer Valley Medical Center
- In-house dermatopathology lab with lectures and slide review by dermatopathologists Dr. Sarah Estrada and Dr. Najiyah Kazi.
- Full day dedicated to didactic curriculum with reading primarily focused on Andrews, Bolognia, Wolverton, Elston and Spitz with additional board review performed weekly.
- 2-week call schedules
- PGY4 - 8 weeks
- PGY3 - 10 weeks
- PGY4 - 13 weeks
Protected education time and conferences
- Can attend several conferences per year with poster submission and use of CME funds
- Monday didactics and scheduled reading times
Surgery and cosmetics
- Unique opportunity to independently perform MOHs surgery (under the supervision of faculty), i.e., take layers, read slide sets and perform closures with opportunity to become qualified to apply to the American Society for Mohs Surgery upon residency completion.
- Resident-run cosmetic clinic includes hands-on training with neuromodulators, soft tissue augmentation, Kybella, microneedling and chemical peels.
- Participate in free skin cancer screening events throughout the Valley at local businesses, health fairs, races and other venues through the Arizona Skin Cancer Foundation.
- Present sun safety lectures to businesses, living facilities and schools throughout the Valley.