Requesting Medical records for Continued Care
Upon request, we will send pertinent records to your physician for continued care at no charge. Pertinent records include:
- All dictated doctors reports including, but not limited to, the following: Discharge summary, Emergency room dictated reports, History and Physical, Consultations, Operative Reports, Cardiodiagnostic Reports, Cardiac Ultrasound, Stress Tests, TEE Reports, EEG Reports, Sleep Lab, Pulmonary Function reports.
- Pathology Reports/Cytology Reports
- Implant Summary Sheets
- Radiology Reports
All Other Requests for Medical Records
Copy fees may apply. Contact your facility directly for pricing information.
Completing the Medical Records Release Form
To avoid delay in processing your records request, the Medical Records Release Form must be filled out completely. The following sections of the form are routinely not completed correctly. Please read the following 3 bullet points for guidance in completing the form:
- Section 1 identifies the patient: Please include date(s) of service needed.
- Section 1.A indicates who the records will be disclosed to: Please check whether records are to be mailed or picked up. Records can be faxed to a medical facility ONLY.
- In section 2 is a description of records to be released: Please be specific when indicating what information is needed.
- Please sign and date under Signature of Patient when patient is requesting records.
- If records are being requested by someone other than the patient, please provide proper documentation proving the right to patient's medical records such as a Health Care/Medical Power of Attorney, a death certificate, guardianship, etc. The person listed in these documents must sign and date under Signature of Representative.
Requesting Radiology Images
If Radiology images are needed, please specify, otherwise only dictated reports will be provided. Contact the Radiology department for fees for radiology CD's.
Patient Record Amendment Requests
Patients have the right to request HonorHealth to have their medical record amended/corrected if he/she believes that the record entries have been made in error or are not reflective of actual events, data, or documentation. All requests to have patient records amended should be sent the Health Information Management Department and must have a completed Amendment Request Form
Please feel free to contact the Health Information Management Department if you have any questions at 480-882-4040.