Medical center visitor guidelines
John C. Lincoln, Deer Valley, and Scottsdale Osborn, Shea, Thompson Peak and Sonoran Crossing
We are taking extra precautions with the safety of patients, visitors, and staff in mind. Visitors are limited to one designated person per patient for the duration of the patient’s stay. All approved visitors must check in to receive a visitor badge. This badge must always be visible.
Other family members or friends of the approved visitor are not permitted to enter the facility or to wait in lobbies, chapels, cafeteria, and/or any other area within the hospital.
- Visitors will be screened upon entry and allowed access to the facility only one time per day. Once you leave you may not return until following day.
- We strongly encourage visitors to observe appropriate hand hygiene guidelines. Gloves are not permitted.
- The patient you’re visiting will also need to wear a mask at all times while you’re in their room.
- No visitors under age 12 are permitted.
Below is more detailed information on our current visitor guidelines:
- Inpatient operating room, outpatient operating room, cath lab, endoscopy and interventional radiology procedures: Visitor will be directed to a designated waiting room. Following the procedure, visitor is required to leave after they have been updated by physician.
- Hospitalized patients (inpatients): Visiting hours are from 3:00-7:30 p.m. daily. We encourage visitors to spend time visiting with the patient in their room for the duration of the visit. We ask that visitors not spend time in hallways, cafeteria, chapel or lobbies.
- Emergency Department: One visitor is allowed for patients who are not being evaluated for/diagnosed with COVID-19.
- Pediatric areas: Restricted to one parent at a time and no children. Parent will be screened and badged.
- Labor and Delivery: Restricted to one support person and one certified doula. Both will be screened and badged. Read our doula guidelines.
- Antepartum: One designated visitor (for entirety of stay) can visit from 3:00-7:30 p.m. daily. Visitor will be screened and badged.
- NICU: If a newborn is in the NICU, parents may not come and go from labor and delivery/NICU areas of the hospital.
Please note that some locations may have additional restrictions in place to maintain safe distancing.
Medical Group visitor guidelines
- Only patients can enter medical group locations, unless a companion is deemed essential for care.