At the HonorHealth Research Institute, patients have access to tomorrow's cure today. Established in 2005, the institute has become a patient destination for treatments often available nowhere else. In fact, patients arrive from 50 states and two dozen countries.
HonorHealth has attracted some of the most distinguished physicians and researchers in the nation, and their discoveries are giving patients new hope for a better quality of life. Based out of a metro Phoenix community health system — with a hybrid academic model — the Research Institute offers:
- Personalized medicine.
- Innovative treatments.
- New drugs and devices that are under development, that can help change and sometimes extend patients' lives.
In partnership with prestigious universities, research facilities, and pharmaceutical and medical device companies, HonorHealth physicians and researchers are moving science forward, looking for solutions in:
Institute without walls
Innovation and collaboration distinguish the Research Institute. It's really an institute without walls, thanks to its many partnerships with researchers around the world, including Harvard, Stanford and TGen. Research is a team effort that encompasses not only doctors, nurses and labs, but also patients and families. The best science, combined with the best care, means that patients receive state-of-the-art care across the HonorHealth system.
The institute receives ideas that are ripe, that are ready to be put into action. These ideas come in the form of a new pill or combination of medications never tried before, of a new device or care delivery system. In addition, the institute's Clinical Research Center supports physicians wishing to deploy research studies quickly and efficiently.
The Research Institute has cultivated a strong collaborative partnership with HonorHealth's medical service areas. This allows the institute to put solutions such as drugs and devices in the hands of doctors and patients more efficiently and effectively.
A focus at the Research Institute is on the early detection and prevention of disease. Institute staff work with doctors and patients at all five HonorHealth hospitals and the HonorHealth Medical Group composed of primary care and other specialty physicians. Patients receive personalized care wrapped with the best science and technology. Being accessible — not scary or dehumanizing —is a core value here.
See recent news from HonorHealth Research Institute.
- HonorHealth Research Institute launches study to research benefit to patients at high risk of bleeding after coronary stent implantation
- TGen and HonorHealth Contribute to Nature Study, Discovering Possible New Treatment and Early Detection Approaches
- First Cancer Patient Receives Dose of Super-Enhancer Inhibitor GZ17-6.02, an Advanced Cancer Drug from Genzada Pharmaceuticals, at HonorHealth Research Institute
- The Osteosarcoma Institute Launches the Osteosarcoma Information Hotline