Research demonstrates that librarian-led information services improve clinical decision making and patient care outcomes. Librarian services and quality health information can:
- Reduce hospital costs, patient re-admissions, length of stay and adverse events by disseminating the best medical and business practice information
- Improve diagnosis, patient care outcomes and clinical decision making by providing evidence-based resources at the right time, to the right people
- Further HonorHealth’s mission and goals through expert searches, teaching health professional literature searching skills, and supporting innovation and research
- Contribute to Magnet designation by teaching faculty, students and health care providers critical literature searching skills
Whether you’re a physician, nurse or staff member, you have access to a wealth of evidence-based medical and health information from credible sources. Consultation with professional, friendly medical librarians will support your clinical, educational and research activities throughout HonorHealth.
- Literature searches and article delivery.
- Remote access to electronic content.
- Training on all library databases and tools.
- Research question development, search strategy consultations and scholarly activity support.
- Computer workstations, device charging areas and meeting space for individual study or collaborative projects.
- Bedside delivery of consumer health information.
- Customized clinical and consumer health resource guides.
- Patient education and health literacy support.
Resources for patient care. Librarians can assist with desktop and mobile access to clinical decision tools, including:
- ClinicalKey/ FirstConsult.
Resources for extended research and medical education:
- MEDLINE database and article content via PubMed®, EbscoHost® and Ovid®.
- ClinicalKey ebooks, guidelines, videos and images.
- Cumulative index to nursing and allied health literature (CINAHL®).
- Electronic and print journal collections, including test prep books and BoardVitals National Council Licensure Examination database
- National Guidelines Clearinghouse and The Cochrane Library.
- Scales, tests and measurements tools.
- Theses, dissertations and scholarly projects.
Librarians also provide consumer health and wellness resources, and services to patients and families:
- Personalized research on a variety of medical conditions, treatment options, tests and procedures.
- Librarian-created Resource Guides on hundreds of health conditions and topics
- One-on-one training on the U.S. National Library of Medicine’s MedLinePlus database and other trustworthy consumer health resources.
- Access to health & wellness books and magazines.
If you need to reach a librarian, please contact us Monday – Friday from 8:00am – 4:30pm.
- Osborn Medical Center: 480-882-4870 or email@example.com
- Shea Medical Center : 480-323-3870 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Thompson Peak Medical Center: 480-324-7275 or email@example.com
- Deer Valley Medical Center: 602-870-6328 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- John C. Lincoln Medical Center: 602-870-6328 or email@example.com