Continuing medical education
HonorHealth Continuing Medical Education is accredited by the Arizona Medical Association as a provider of continuing medical education for physicians. This accreditation seeks to assure the medical community and the public that HonorHealth provides relevant, practice-based continuing medical education.
The mission of the HonorHealth CME program is to support HonorHealth’s commitment to improve the health and well-being of those we serve. This mission is accomplished by the following:
- Provide lifelong educational opportunities for physicians based on identified needs that will lead to the improved health care of patients.
- Convey emerging scientific knowledge to physicians and other health care professionals by offering educational activities that contribute to improved research and practice in the science, prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of illness and disease.
- Improve the career satisfaction of physicians by providing them with educational opportunities that keep them abreast of the latest developments in medicine, while simultaneously offering CME faculty and participants the opportunity to interact with one another personally and professionally.
HonorHealth Faculty Development recognizes and supports medical education faculty members in their role as educators. Faculty educators teach medical students and residents in the classroom and at the bedside. The ultimate goal of the program is to enhance resident and medical student learning and impact the quality of patient care.
The HonorHealth Faculty Development Program conducts undergraduate, graduate and continuing medical education. Adult learning methods, collaborative learning workshops and consultation are used for participants’ professional development.
A few faculty development resources are provided through:
- Modules and video snippets through Blackboard.
- Library services.
- Faculty education modules — Continuing medical education.
- Residents as teachers.
- University of Arizona Physician as Educator course.
- Research, Quality Improvement and Patient Safety (ResQIPS) program — Scholarly activity and research.
- Arizona State University Science of Health Care Delivery program.