Undergraduate Medical Education
HonorHealth is committed to providing a superior educational experience and offers clinical rotations to third- and fourth-year medical students. We are a five-hospital system with locations throughout the valley and home to several ACGME-accredited residency and fellowship programs.
Students will take part in supervised, hands-on rotations, based on availability, with access to didactic lectures, library services and research opportunities.
- Rotations at HonorHealth provide you with many advantages:
- Patients from diverse social, economic and cultural backgrounds
- Settings that include a tertiary care hospital, regional hospitals and ambulatory care centers
- Opportunity to work with the residents, fellows and physicians who are enthusiastic about teaching
- Ability to care for patients with a range of conditions and diseases
- Access to HonorHealth libraries and computer facilities
- Opportunity to attend a variety of teaching conferences, including grand rounds and small group learning
- Guidance and mentoring in a multidisciplinary setting
- Opportunities to participate in research programs
At HonorHealth, you will enhance your clinical decision-making skills and work closely with residents, attending physicians, residency program directors and other allied health professionals.
Affiliations and eligibility
HonorHealth has affiliations with the University of Arizona College Of Medicine in Phoenix and Tucson, Midwestern University and A.T. Still University.
Third and fourth year medical students enrolled in Liaison Committee on Medical Education and American Osteopathic Association-accredited and affiliated educational programs are eligible to apply.
- Fourth-year rotations are scheduled based on the availability of educational opportunities within HonorHealth's residency programs and at the discretion of the residency program director.
- Please note: Once fourth-year elective rotation requests have been approved and assigned a rotation date, we will provide a link to MyClinicalExchange. All documents submitted through VSAS need to be uploaded to MyClinicalExchange.
HonorHealth does not offer rotations to students from medical schools outside the United States.
Applications must be approved by the Academic Affairs department, no later than 30 days in advance of the requested rotation. Along with your application, you must submit:
- Letter of good standing
- Copy of student identification card, passport or state-issued identification
- Certificate of liability insurance in the amount of $1,000,000/$3,000,000.
- Proof of health insurance
- Immunization records*
- Proof of a passed drug screen*
- Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card*
- Basic Life Support Certification (healthcare provider level) *
- USMLE/COMLEX scores – Fourth-year students
Medical students and residency programs
HonorHealth supports third- and fourth-year medical students enrolled in Liaison Committee on Medical Education and American Osteopathic Assocaition-accredited and affiliated educational programs. Supervised, hands-on rotations, based on availability, with access to didactic lectures, library services and research are available.
- Family Medicine Residency Program at Scottsdale Osborn Medical Center accepts eight residents per year. See the medical students page.
- General Surgery Residency Program at John C. Lincoln Medical Center accepts two residents per year. See the medical students page.
- Internal Medicine Residency Program at Scottsdale Thompson Peak Medical Center accepts six residents per year.
- Dermatology Residency Program at Scottsdale Thompson Peak Medical Center. See the medical students page.
- Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Residency Program at HonorHealth Rehabilitation Hospital. See the medical students page.
You can access additional information using the following login information:
Institution name: honor
Login information is case-sensitive.
Contact: HonorHealth Academic Affairs
Undergraduate Medical Education
Attention: Diane Romo, Academic Project Coordinator
20201 N. Scottsdale Healthcare Drive, Suite 100
Scottsdale, AZ 85255