HonorHealth is committed to developing high-quality learning programs and pursuing innovative teaching models to advance medical education in Arizona. We strive to be an academic center for excellence through world-class patient care, quality and safety, teaching and research.
Our central focus is to effectively train medical students, residents, fellows and other allied health professionals. This is essential to the health and well-being of our patients and helps to ensure that high-quality healthcare providers will be available for generations to come.
The Division of Academic Affairs is the central administrative office that oversees the activities of all graduate medical education and undergraduate medical education which includes medical student clerkships and residency programs at HonorHealth. The primary mission of the office is to:
- Ensure that all programs maintain a high standard of education and full accreditation by the Accreditation Council on Graduate Medical Education and by the American Osteopathic Association.
- Ensure that graduate medical education is supported by the health system in terms of funding, staffing, equipment and teaching facilities.
- Oversee all faculty development and continuing medical education activities.
For more information about undergraduate medical education and graduate medical education programs or to apply, please contact us via email.
HonorHealth is a member of the Council of Teaching Hospitals and Health Systems.
Our office responsibilities include:
- Graduate medical education institutional policy and governance.
- Medical school and teaching hospital affiliations.
- Residency program accreditation reviews.
- Compliance with state and Accreditation Council on Graduate Medical Education/American Osteopathic Association regulations regarding resident duty hours.
- Magnet requirements.
- Program development.
- Assistance with program recruitment.
- Medical student electives.
- Faculty and resident development.
- Approval of applications for continuing medical education.
- Maintaining CME provider accreditation with the Arizona Medical Association.