Gastroenterology Fellowship Program
The HonorHealth Gastroenterology fellowship is committed to provide fellows a well-rounded education and training experience. Graduates of the program will obtain the skillset needed to provide exceptional patient care and competent comprehensive assessments and management of patients with acute and chronic gastrointestinal and liver disease in our community.
- Train proficient gastroenterologists in all cognitive and procedural aspects, in a quality, patient-centered environment that is highly focused on safety, so they will be able to excel in clinical practice in a community-based setting.
- Train fellows to excel in the practice of gastroenterology and hepatology and afford them an opportunity to become competent in their field. Promote the goal of continuous practice improvement, with a life-long commitment to learning.
Our program is 36 months in length and can be undertaken after completion of an internal medicine residency from an AGGME-accredited training program or be certified in internal medicine.
Gavin Levinthal, MD
Fellowship: Mount Sinai Medical Center, Cleveland, Ohio - Gastroenterology
Residency: Mount Sinai Medical Center, Cleveland, Ohio – Internal Medicine
Medical School: University of Witwatersrand, Johannesburg, South Africa
Primary clinical site
HonorHealth Deer Valley Medical Center
- HonorHealth Deer Valley Medical Center
- HonorHealth Deer Valley Surgical Center
- HonorHealth Medical Group – Deer Valley, Shea, Thompson Peak
- North Valley Surgery Center
- HonorHealth Scottsdale Shea Medical Center
- HonorHealth Scottsdale Thompson Peak Medical Center
- Mayo Clinic
- Gavin Levinthal, MD
- Joseph Fares, MD
- Michael Gordon, MD
- Amar Thosani, MD
- Ghanim Aljomah, MD
- David Chascsa, MD
- Gastroenterology continuity clinic
- Gastroenterology consult and inpatient procedures
- Advanced and interventional endoscopy
- Research experience
- Gastroenterology outpatient ambulatory clinic
- Pediatric gastroenterology
- Hepatology and transplant hepatology
If you have questions or would like to learn more about the HonorHealth Gastroenterology Fellowship program, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org