Gastroenterology Fellowship Program
The HonorHealth Gastroenterology fellowship is committed to provide fellows a well-rounded education and training experience. Graduates of the program will obtain the skillset needed to provide exceptional patient care and competent comprehensive assessments and management of patients with acute and chronic gastrointestinal and liver disease in our community.
- Train proficient gastroenterologists in all cognitive and procedural aspects, in a quality, patient-centered environment that is highly focused on safety, so they will be able to excel in clinical practice in a community-based setting.
- Train fellows to excel in the practice of gastroenterology and hepatology and afford them an opportunity to become competent in their field. Promote the goal of continuous practice improvement, with a life-long commitment to learning.
Our program is 36 months in length and can be undertaken after successful completion of an internal medicine residency from an ACGME-accredited training program.
Gavin Levinthal, MD
Fellowship: Mount Sinai Medical Center and MetroHealth Medical Center, Cleveland, Ohio - Gastroenterology
Residency: Mount Sinai Medical Center, Cleveland, Ohio – Internal Medicine
Medical School: University of Witwatersrand, Johannesburg, South Africa
Primary clinical site
HonorHealth Deer Valley Medical Center
- HonorHealth Deer Valley Medical Center
- HonorHealth Scottsdale Thompson Peak Medical Center
- Gastroenterology Clinic HonorHealth Medical Group – Deer Valley, Shea, Thompson Peak
- HonorHealth Scottsdale Shea Medical Center
- Mayo Clinic Scottsdale
- North Valley Surgery Center
- Gavin Levinthal, MD
- Joseph Fares, MD
- Mehul Patel, DO
- David Chascsa, MD
Meet the fellows
- Fellow bios (PDF)
- Gastroenterology continuity clinic
- Gastroenterology consult and inpatient procedures
- Research experience
- Gastroenterology outpatient ambulatory clinic
- Pediatric gastroenterology
- Hepatology and transplant hepatology
- Advanced and interventional endoscopy
If you have questions or would like to learn more about the HonorHealth Gastroenterology Fellowship program, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org