Geriatric Medicine Fellowship
The HonorHealth Geriatric Medicine fellowship is committed to improving the health and well-being of all geriatric patients within the HonorHealth community. The principles of an Age-Friendly Health System that focuses on the 4M framework of medication, mentation, mobility and what matters are integral to the fellowship’s mission of ensuring that all older adults receive individualized high-quality care. Graduates of the HonorHealth Geriatric Medicine fellowship program obtain the skillset needed to build this essential framework within any community in which they choose to practice. The community focus of our program is in keeping with HonorHealth’s vision to be the partner of choice as we transform healthcare for our communities.
The HonorHealth Geriatric Medicine fellowship is designed to train family medicine and internal medicine physicians to become excellent geriatric clinicians, educators, and leaders in the community with an awareness of the societal need for geriatricians who practice high value, cost effective medicine.
Jessica Berdeja, MD
Fellowship: Stanford University Medical Center, Geriatric Medicine
Residency: Banner University Medical Center, Family Medicine
Medical School: University of Arizona
How to apply
HonorHealth’s Geriatric Fellowship training program participates in the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS).
The fellowship is open to graduates from either family medicine or internal medicine. The program currently does not sponsor visas.
- If you are a current resident and will be graduating from an ACGME accredited residency, we participate and fill positions through the National Resident Matching Program's (NRMP) Medical Specialties Matching Program. Please complete your application through ERAS.
- If you are a current resident who missed the Specialties Match or are a current practicing physician who graduated from an ACGME residency and interested in entering our fellowship program "off-cycle" not the traditional start in July, please download and complete our application. Email your completed application to email@example.com
- If you are a foreign medical school graduate interested in our program, please provide the following documentation via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Current CV displaying strong interest in geriatric medicine (i.e. applicable research, recent or current work experience)
- Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) certification.
- Proof of successful completion and passing of Step 1 – 3 of the United States Medical Licensing Examination (USMLE).
- Summative evaluations of prior medical school and residency training.
Take a look at our various rotation sites.
Primary Clinical Site: HonorHealth Scottsdale Thompson Peak Medical Center
Participating Sites: HonorHealth John C. Lincoln Medical Center, HonorHealth Medical Group – North Phoenix, HonorHealth Heart Group – John C. Lincoln, HonorHealth Medical Group Neurology, HonorHealth Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation – John C. Lincoln, HonorHealth Scottsdale Osborn Medical Center, Acacia Health Center at Sagewood, Phoenix VA Health Care System, Hospice of the Valley