Family medicine medical student program
Fourth-year medical student program
You may select a four-week family medicine rotation at HonorHealth that:
- Is open to fourth-year medical students from a U.S. medical school, or a Liaison Committee on Medical Education-accredited school (or equivalent)
- Provides weekly meetings with an assigned faculty mentor
- Is offered year-round based on availability
- Does not offer a stipend
- Provides an evaluation discussed with you at the end of the rotation
A Family Medicine subinternship:
- A busy inpatient service encompassing medical, surgical, OB/GYN, ICU/CCU, and newborn patients for three weeks including 1 week of night float call
- Daily teaching rounds with residents, attending physicians, pharmacists, nursing and case management
- Required didactic conferences
- Robust Outpatient experience in the Family Medicine continuity clinic for 1 week
Rotation request process
- Apply via VSLO.
- You will need to provide transcripts, CV, board scores and a Family Medicine Rotation Application (located in VSLO)
All documents are required for a rotation decision to be uploaded in VSLO.
Your application will be reviewed by the clerkship director. You will then be notified of acceptance or denial in VSLO based upon availability and the documentation provided.
For information on medical student clerkships, contact:
HonorHealth Scottsdale Osborn Medical Center
Family Medicine Residency Program
Attention: Stephanie Sanders and Raquel Dominguez, Program Coordinators
7301 E. Second St., Suite 210
Scottsdale, AZ 85251-5672