Fourth-year medical student program
You may select a four-week family medicine rotation at HonorHealth that:
- Is open to fourth-year medical students from a U.S. medical school, or a Liaison Committee on Medical Education-accredited school (or equivalent).
- Provides weekly meetings with an assigned faculty mentor.
- Is offered year-round based on availability.
- Does not offer a stipend.
- Provides an evaluation discussed with you at the end of the rotation.
A family medicine inpatient subinternship:
- A busy inpatient service encompassing medical, surgical, OB/GYN, ICU/CCU, and newborn patients.
- Daily teaching rounds with residents, attending physicians and pharmacists.
- Required didactic conferences.
- Optional outpatient experience up to three half-days a week.
- Call approximately 1:7.
Rotation request process
- Apply via VSAS.
- You will need to provide transcripts, CV, board scores and a Family Medicine Rotation Application (located in VSAS).
All documents required for rotation decisions are to be uploaded in VSAS.
Your application will be reviewed by the clerkship director. You will then be notified of acceptance or denial in VSAS based upon availability.
For information on medical student clerkships, contact:
HonorHealth Scottsdale Osborn Medical Center
Family Medicine Residency Program
Attention: Alicia Brandon, Program Coordinator
7301 E. Second St., Suite 210
Scottsdale, AZ 85251-5672