Heuser Family Medicine Center
Located just next to HonorHealth Scottsdale Osborn Medical Center, the recently renovated Heuser Family Medicine Center is a 12,000-square-foot practice with 18 exam rooms, three procedure rooms and a laboratory. Patients can access radiology services within the medical medical office complex.
The center provides a setting where you can develop a practice that provides comprehensive healthcare to a continuity panel of patients—you care for them on a continuous basis throughout your training. You belong to patient care teams that emphasize and facilitate continuity of care.
- First-year residents spend one or two half days a week seeing continuity patients.
- Second-year residents spend two to three half days a week.
- Third-year residents spend three to four half-days a week.
Specific areas of focus that help prepare residents for real-world practice after graduation include:
- Patient-centered medical home model.
- Coordination of care & chronic disease management
- Integrated behavioral health.
- Billing and coding.
- Patient and office workflows.
- Personnel issues.
Heuser Family Medicine Center is part of NOAH, or Neighborhood Outreach Access to Health, an HonorHealth community outreach partner that is a Federally Qualified Health Center. Our center treats a diverse patient population, allowing you to gain extensive experience and skills in caring for the underserved and health disparate populations.