Heuser Family Medicine Center
Located just next to HonorHealth Scottsdale Osborn Medical Center, the recently (2018) renovated Heuser Family Medicine Center is a 12,000-square-foot practice with 18 exam rooms, three procedure rooms and a laboratory. Patients can access radiology services within the clinic's office complex.
The center provides a setting where you develop a practice that provides comprehensive primary care to a continuity panel of patients—you care for patients on a continuous basis throughout your training. Each resident belongs to patient care teams that emphasize and facilitate continuity of care.
- First-year residents spend one or two half days a week seeing continuity patients.
- Second-year residents spend two to three half days a week seeing continuity patients.
- Third-year residents spend three to four half-days a week seeing continuity patients.
Specific areas of focus that help to prepare residents for real-world practice after graduation include:
- Patient-centered team base model of care
- Coordination of care & chronic disease management
- Social determinants of health and healthcare disparities
- Integrated behavioral health
- Billing and coding
- Patient and office workflows
- Personnel issues
- Patient Experience
Heuser Family Medicine Center is part of NOAH, or Neighborhood Outreach Access to Health, an HonorHealth community outreach partner that is a Federally Qualified Health Center. Our center treats a diverse patient population, allowing you to gain extensive experience and skills in caring for the underserved and health disparate populations.