As the only residency program based at HonorHealth Scottsdale Osborn Medical Center, the Family Medicine Residency receives strong support from a highly skilled medical staff.
Since each resident has multiple interests and because future graduate practice settings vary, our program provides a flexible competency-based curriculum. It includes areas of concentration for:
- The underserved.
- Hospitalist medicine.
- Rural medicine.
- Sports medicine.
- Faculty development, palliative care, research, and urgent care/emergency medicine.
If you're an osteopathic resident physician, you can hone your osteopathic manipulative treatment skills in conjunction with our structured osteopathic medicine curriculum.
Robust elective rotation opportunities cover the entire scope of family medicine. You have the ability to create additional elective educational experiences that focus on areas of interest to you.
- HonorHealth Scottsdale Osborn Medical Center.
- HonorHealth Scottsdale Shea Medical Center.
- Maricopa Medical Center.
- Phoenix Children's Hospital.
- Carl T. Hayden Veterans Affairs Medical Center.
There are extensive opportunities to perform procedures throughout your residency, both in the inpatient and outpatient setting. Some of the most common procedures include:
- Abscess incision and drainage.
- Endometrial biopsy.
- Fracture casting and splinting.
- IUD & Nexplanon insertion and removal.
- Lumbar puncture (infants and adults).
- Central and arterial line placement.
- Joint and soft tissue aspiration and injection.
- Skin lesion biopsy and removal.
- Cryotherapy of the skin.
- Ingrown toenail removal.
- Laceration repair.
- Surgical first assist (e.g., cesarean sections).
- Osteopathic manipulation treatment.
- Multiple OB-related procedures: vaginal delivery, vacuum-assisted vaginal delivery, episiotomy and laceration repair, amniotomy.