Orthopedic physical therapy residency program
Attention: We will start accepting applications for our residency January 1, 2022. Deadline for applying is March 1, 2022. Program start date is August 2022. Please go to RF-PTCAS to apply and/or contact residency director for further information.
Established in 2009, HonorHealth's Orthopaedic Physical Therapy Residency Program was the first accredited residency program in Arizona through the American Board of Physical Therapy Residency & Fellowship Education. The residency is a 12 month, full-time program.
Why choose Us?
- The HonorHealth Orthopaedic Physical Therapy Residency Program gives residents the opportunity to improve their clinical skills in an outpatient hospital system through exposure to a variety of diverse patient populations.
- Residents work with a diverse clinical faculty whose credentials include orthopaedic certified specialist-certified doctors of physical therapy with advanced practice techniques from movement science and manual therapy backgrounds. Other specialty certifications held by faculty include FAAOMPT, NAIOMPT, CHT, SCS, CLTLANA and vestibular therapy.
- The residency program has 19 in-depth lecture/labs to strengthen residents’ knowledge. The program also uses independent study courses through the Orthopaedic Section of the American Physical Therapy Association as a supplement to the curriculum.
- 100 percent of the program’s incoming residents have passed the orthopaedic board examination on their first attempt and have become orthopaedic certified specialists.
- Residents will be a part of a dynamic team of clinical faculty experts who provide outstanding patient outcomes through innovative and effective treatment methods.
- As full-time HonorHealth employees, the residents are eligible for all employee benefits including paid time off, health/dental/vision insurance, and discounts on gym memberships.
- There are no tuition or program fees and no employment commitment following completion of the residency program.
- 100% graduation rate for residents since the program’s inception in 2009.
Leadership and staff
Margaret Klausing PT, DPT, MSCI, OCS, CCI
Board Certified Orthopedic Specialist
Director of Orthopedic Residency Program
HonorHealth Outpatient Therapy Services
20745 N Scottsdale Rd, Suite 110
Scottsdale, AZ, 85255