Established in 2009, HonorHealth's Orthopedic Physical Therapy Residency Program was the first accredited residency program in Arizona through the American Board of Physical Therapy Residency & Fellowship Education. The residency is a 12 month, full-time program.
How to Apply
If you're interested in pursuing a residency at HonorHealth please submit an application electronically through RF-PTCAS. Competitive candidates will be contacted for a personal interview that will take place in March and April.
Why Choose Us?
- The HonorHealth Orthopedic Physical Therapy Residency Program offers the opportunity for residents to improve their clinical skills in an outpatient hospital system through exposure to a variety of diverse patient populations.
- The residency has an emphasis on manual therapy examination and treatment techniques with three faculty/mentors who are Fellows of the American Academy of Orthopedic Manual Physical Therapists (FAAOMPTs) as well as an emphasis on examination and treatment techniques in Movement System Impairments. This allows the resident to have a diverse set of clinical tools to provide individualized care.
- The residency program has 19 in-depth lecture/labs to strengthen the knowledge of the residents and also utilizes the Independent Study Courses through the Orthopedic Section of the APTA as a supplement to the curriculum.
- 100% of the incoming residents of the HonorHealth Orthopedic Residency Program have passed the orthopedic board examination on the first attempt and have become Orthopedic Certified Specialists (OCS).
- The resident will be a part of a dynamic team of clinical faculty experts that provides outstanding patient outcomes through innovative and effective treatment methods.
- As full-time employees of HonorHealth, the residents are eligible for all of the benefits of employees such as paid time off, health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, and discounts on gym memberships.
- No tuition or program fees and no employment commitment following completion of the residency program.
Leadership and Staff
Jodi Barnum, PT, DPT, OCS
Honor Health Orthopedic Institute
20401 N. 73rd Street, Suite 140
Scottsdale, AZ 85255