HonorHealth has made some service changes due to the coronavirus (COVID-19). More information for each service area is listed below:
Affected services (in alphabetical order)
- All visits are virtual (consults, follow-up and medical weight loss).
- Online seminars are available.
- If you complete the seminar and submit the patient packet, we will call you to schedule an initial consultation.
- Pre- and post-op classes are held in person at the Brady Conference Center.
- In-person seminars are suspended until mid-2021.
- To support you in your recovery, HonorHealth offers a Facebook support group where you can interact with other bariatric surgery patients and staff, as well as post questions, comments or feedback. This site is available to all registered HonorHealth bariatric surgery patients, both pre- and post-surgery.
Cancer and Hematology
- Patients and visitors coming to any VGPCCN practice location will be screened upon entering.
- Patients and visitors are required to wear a mask that covers the nose and mouth at all times while in our facilities.
- If you do not have a mask, the clinic will provide one for you. Bandanas, neck gaiters, single-ply fabric masks, valve masks or similar face coverings are not permitted.
- New patients seeing a doctor for a first-time in-person patient consultation visit will be allowed to be accompanied by one caregiver/visitor.
- The caregiver must be between the ages of 18 and 65.
- Patient companions at Infusion Centers (Osborn same day care, Glendale, HonorHealth Neurology) and VGPCCN practice locations:
- Visitors may be allowed based on the clinic’s ability to maintain social distancing, which is dependent on clinic size and number of patients in the clinic at any given time. Please call ahead to find out if a companion may join you.
- Tina’s Treasures retail space re-opens Monday, May 3.
- Starting May 3, we’ll be open Monday through Friday from 1 – 5 p.m.
- Breast prosthesis, fittings for specialty garments or other medical equipment are by appointment only. Please call 480-323-1027 to schedule an appointment.
- Exercise Rehabilitation gym (HonorHealth Virginia G. Piper Cancer Care Network- Shea, 2nd floor) – Closed.
- Outpatient physical therapy is still being offered at other HonorHealth locations.
Canceled until further notice:
- Support Group
- Mind-Body-Spirit activities
- The Diabetes Center is offering appointments by video visit. We can also offer limited in-office visits based on assessed need. Call 480-323-4921 to schedule.
- Closed for in-person appointments.
- All currently scheduled in-person appointments will be re-scheduled or conducted over video visit. The need for an in-person appointment will be evaluated during the video consultation
Heart and Vascular
- Virtual visits and in-office appointments are available. For in-office appointments, only the patient is allowed into the office, and they are screened for symptoms.
- Outpatient testing continues to be offered within the hospital setting. Patients are screened upon entry, and no visitors are allowed.
- Cardiac rehabilitation services are available.
- In-person and virtual appointments are available for new and established patients, including spine and physical medicine and rehabilitation services.
- EEGs, EMGs, and autonomic testing is available.
- Injection procedures have resumed. Patients must have COVID-19 testing prior to their procedure.
Pulmonary Hypertension Program
- All elective testing (sleep studies, pulmonary function tests, CT scans, VQ scans, etc.) is being done.
- We are open Monday, Wednesday and Friday for in-office and virtual visits.
Sleep Health Center
- The Sleep Health Center is conducting in-lab sleep studies.
- It is continuing to schedule Home Sleep Apnea Tests. A physician will call you to review your results and provide guidance on care.
Women and Infants
- See current visitor restrictions. Labor and Delivery will be restricted to one support person and one certified doula. Both will be screened and badged. Read our doula guidelines.
- We have resumed screening mammograms and DEXAs.
- Essential Touch Spa is closed until further notice.
- Prenatal tours are suspended indefinitely. Online tours are available:
- Moms on the Move, Postpartum Depression, Child Loss, and Pregnancy & Infant Loss Support Groups will be conducted virtually. View the schedule.
- In-person prenatal classes are canceled until further notice. View our virtual class schedule.
- The following classes are canceled until further notice:
- Safe Sitter
- Heart of a Woman
Wound Care Services
- In-person appointments are available. Call 480-324-7700 to schedule.
- You’ll be asked to choose your preferred wound care clinic: Deer Valley, John C. Lincoln, Osborn or Thompson Peak.
*Essential is defined as meaning without this service the patient's health will be significantly impacted.