Whether you have an appointment scheduled or would like to make a new one, your HonorHealth care team is here for you. Our doctors are now offering video visits for urgent care and routine care. We will continue to offer in-person clinic visits when it is medically appropriate.
We are also offering virtual care for suspected COVID-19 symptoms. If ordered by your doctor, drive-through COVID-19 testing may be available.
To schedule a new primary or specialty care appointment:
We have listed frequently asked questions and specific information about service changes below.
Q: What is a virtual visit?
A: Virtual visits allow you to receive the care you need without leaving your home. They are similar to face-to-face visits — the doctor will review your symptoms, answer questions, write prescriptions and refills, and discuss your care plan.
Q. I had an in-person appointment scheduled. What now?
A: If you had an in-person appointment scheduled with your provider, HonorHealth will call you to set up a video visit (virtual visit). If your provider determines that more evaluation is needed after your virtual visit, they will arrange an in-person appointment.
Q. How do I refill my prescription?
A: To obtain a medication refill please contact your pharmacy directly. The pharmacist can request a refill electronically. This process can take up to 3 business days. Or you can submit a medication refill request via MyChart.
Affected services (in alphabetical order)
- Follow-up and medical weight loss appointments have been moved to virtual consultations.
- Online seminars are available.
- If you complete the seminar and submit the patient packet, we will call you to schedule an initial consultation.
- In-person seminars are canceled through April 19 and will be reassessed at that date.
- Pre- and one-week post-op classes are still being held in-person at Brady Conference Center and are being kept to six people or fewer per class.
- Four-month post-op classes and support groups are canceled through April 15 and will be reassessed at that date.
Cancer and Hematology
- Follow-up patients with scheduled appointments will be contacted to reschedule with a virtual visit.
- Patients and visitors coming to any VGPCCN practice location will be screened upon entering.
- Patients seeing a doctor for an in-person visit will be allowed to be accompanied by one caregiver/visitor. The caregiver must be between the ages of 18 and 65. If the patient is having chemotherapy following the doctor visit, the caregiver/visitor will be asked to wait in the waiting room or a safe waiting area of the caregiver's choosing (e.g., wait in the car).
- Infusion Centers (Osborn and Glendale): Only patients will be allowed into the infusion area; no visitors.
- Limited to essential* appointments
- Genetic counseling
- Nutritional counseling
- Tina's Treasures
Canceled or postponed:
- Support Group
- Mind-Body-Spirit activities
- Closed for in-person appointments.
- All currently scheduled in-person appointments will be re-scheduled or conducted over the telephone.
Heart and Vascular
- Hospital-based procedures that are not urgent are currently suspended.
- In-office visits are limited to essential only*.
- In-office testing (echocardiograms, stress tests, etc.) are limited to essential only*.
- Varicose vein treatment including ablations are postponed.
- Cardiac Rehabilitation locations are currently closed.
- Congenital Heart Disease services are postponed until further notice.
Back to top
- All appointments will be held via telephone or video. If your provider determines that more evaluation is needed after your virtual visit, they will arrange an in-person appointment.
- Elective procedures: EEGs, EMGs, and autonomic testing are suspended until April 13.
- New patients will be assessed based on urgency and called for consultation and next steps.
- Spine services and Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation outpatient injection procedures are suspended for all locations until further notice.
- Most Spine services and Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation appointments are virtual visits.
- Exceptions include in-office injections, new complaints, and new patient appointments.
- Limited appointments are available for in-person visits.
Outpatient Therapy Services
- All outpatient therapy clinics are closed
Pulmonary Hypertension Program
- All elective testing (sleep studies, pulmonary function tests, CT scans, VQ scans, etc.) are suspended.
- When available, compromised or at-risk patients can utilize virtual visits.
Sleep Health Center
- The Sleep Health Center will be closed for in lab sleep studies from March 25 through May 1.
- During this time, they will continue to schedule Home Sleep Apnea Tests. A physician will call you to review your results and provide guidance on care.
Women and Infants
- See current visitor restrictions. Please note that one visitor can remain with the patient from labor through discharge, including during delivery and postpartum.
- We have suspended screening mammograms and DEXAs and will resume these services on May 4. If you had an appointment before May 4, we will contact you to reschedule it.
- Essential Touch Spa is closed through April 30.
- Prenatal tours are suspended indefinitely. Online tours are available:
- Postpartum Depression, Child Loss, and Pregnancy & Infant Loss Support Groups are canceled through April 30.
- Prenatal Classes are canceled through April 30.
- Osteoporosis: Canceled until August.
- Heart of a Woman: Canceled through April 30.
- Moms on the Move is canceled through April 30.
Wound Care Services
- In-office visits are limited to essential only
- Pre-Ostomy Surgery class on April 14 is canceled.
*Essential is defined as meaning without this service the patient's health will be significantly impacted.
Back to top