PM&R Medical student program
Medical student electives
We offer a 4 week medical student rotation for MS4.
Medical students will learn about the various types of post-acute care settings and their roles with patients demonstrating a variety of medical, surgical, and neurologically related disability.
- Gain an advanced level of competence in the evaluation and management of a variety of musculoskeletal and neurologic conditions
- Comprehend the role of physiatry in today's health care delivery system and be able to identify appropriate patients for referral.
- Participation in daily patient care rounds.
- Participation in a variety of outpatient clinics.
- Participation in acute hospital consultations.
- Participation in daily admission meeting, and weekly patient/team conferences
Rotation Length: 4 weeks
Medical student applications requirements
- Apply via VSAS
- Proof of immunizations
- Board scores
- Arizona fingerprint clearance card
- Proof of malpractice insurance
- Current photo
- Affiliation agreement