Established in 2011, the HonorHealth/Northern Arizona University Residency in Neurologic Physical Therapy was the first accredited neurological residency program in Arizona through the American Board of Physical Therapy Residency & Fellowship Education. The residency is a 12 month, full-time program.
How to Apply
If you're interested in pursuing a residency at HonorHealth/NAU please submit an application electronically through RF-PTCAS. Competitive candidates will be contacted for a personal interview that will take place in March and April.
Why Choose Us?
- The HonorHealth/Northern Arizona University Residency in Neurologic Physical Therapy offers the opportunity for residents to improve their clinical skills in a hospital system through exposure to a variety of diverse patient populations as well as access to various hospital related settings (outpatient, inpatient, ICU, rehab).
- The resident will be a part of a dynamic, multidisciplinary team of clinical faculty experts in the field of neurology that provides outstanding patient outcomes through innovative and effective treatment methods.
- Weekly one-on-one mentorship from a NCS discussing patient cases, outcome measures, treatment approaches, curriculum topics, and application to patient care.
- The resident has access to the expert faculty of Northern Arizona University Physical Therapy Program, will serve as teaching assistant one day a week for the year in Neurophysiological Therapeutics Lab 1 & 2 with Kim Gatewood, and has research opportunities.
- The residency program participates in the Neurologic Physical Therapy Professional Education Consortium with 28 webinars and 8 days of on-site coursework in Los Angeles.
- 100% of the residency graduates have passed the neurologic board examination on the first attempt and have become Neurologic Certified Specialists (NCS).
- As full-time employees of HonorHealth, the residents are eligible for all of the benefits of employees such as paid time off, health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, and discounts on gym memberships.
- Access to hospital library with online full-text articles, article request, and librarian performed literature searches.
- No tuition or program fees and no employment commitment following completion of the residency program.