Adult volunteer opportunities
One-time and group
- Desert Mission Food Bank
- Collection drives
Off-site crafting (sewing, knitting, crochet, etc.)
- Lap blankets and quilts
- Eyeglass cases
- Baby hats, mittens and blankets
Please note: A minimum six-month or 100-hour commitment from volunteers is requested, with longer commitments preferred. Volunteering does not guarantee placement for job/certification requirements. HonorHealth does not offer internship, externship or job-shadow programs, or provide court-ordered community service opportunities.
- A regular, fixed schedule is required for most volunteer positions
- Volunteers are required to wear a volunteer badge and uniform
- Volunteers are required to sign in and out during their service.
Volunteer application process
- Select a program and apply:
- Check your email: You'll receive an invitation to interview with the campus supervisor at your desired service location. It may take two business days for you to receive an email. If you don’t receive an email, please call the Volunteer Services Department at 480-587-5097 or send an email. You can also call the campus of your preferred service for assistance.
- Arrange and complete an interview with the Volunteer Services Department to discuss possible service areas, your availability and interests.
- Complete the required checklist items:
- Obtain a health screening through HonorHealth’s Employee Health office (no cost to you) and confirm your COVID-19 vaccination status. Current COVID-19 vaccination is required to volunteer.
- Read and agree to the HonorHealth Volunteer handbook, volunteer policies and procedures.
- Attend a new volunteer orientation.
Volunteer Services will complete a criminal background check (no cost to you) once all checklist items are completed. Upon passing the background check, you will be contacted to schedule your service placement and arrange a time to receive your volunteer ID badge, uniform and training dates. Successful completion of your service area training may take up to 12 hours or three shifts.
See our FAQ page for more information