Dermatology scholarly activity
Affiliated Dermatology has a strong relationship with the Midwestern University Biomedical Research Department. Active ongoing projects are under the supervision of Dr. Elizabeth Hull; more research projects and funding are being developed as the program continues to grow.
In-house active research projects include:
- Tissue bank collection for melanoma, squamous cell carcinoma and basal cell carcinoma tumors.
- Genomic studies in patients at high risk for melanoma and other cancers.
- Survey studies.
Research requirements include:
- Annual research submission to the American Osteopathic College of Dermatology (AOCD).
- Poster presentation and abstract submission as PGY-3 at mid-year AOCD conference.
- Abstract submission to the American Academy of Dermatology annual conference as a resident.
- All residents are required to be working on a research project at any given time. This is tracked by quarterly in-house research meetings with Dr. Hull.