HonorHealth and the Scottsdale Fire Department are partnering to provide referred patients with a Mobile Integrated Healthcare Practice that will visit them at home. A doctor, case manager or social worker can refer patients to the program for issues like:
- Calling 9-1-1 frequently about health conditions or concerns.
- Going to the emergency room for conditions that a primary care doctor can treat.
- Being frequently readmitted to a hospital.
- Having a medical condition that requires extra help at home.
- Needing help properly sorting medication and planning follow-up doctor visits.
For cases like this, an HonorHealth nurse practitioner and Scottsdale Fire Department paramedic can visit the patient at home and help with:
- Scheduling and coordinating routine doctor visits.
- Educating about medical conditions and the medications.
- Making sure homes are safe.
- Understanding how diet affects medical conditions.
- Avoiding common injuries.
- Navigating other community resources.
- Using 9-1-1 and emergency departments correctly.
For more information on the Mobile Integrated Healthcare Practice, call 480-312-6447.