Frequently asked questions about pricing information
HonorHealth provides an overview of both hospital and provider bills so you know what charges you can expect to incur. If you stayed in the hospital overnight, your bill will include charges for tests and services, supplies, medications, and the hospital room representing the care you needed. If you stayed for the day, your bill could reflect your emergency department treatment, or therapy visits, observation or holding bed, tests and supplies. If you had a provider visit, it may include an office visit, tests and supplies.
Other bills you might receive
You might also receive separate bills from the doctors who helped with your treatment at HonorHealth. Contact these offices directly if you have questions or updated insurance information.
Hospital participation agreements may differ from those made between patients' insurance providers and the doctors who helped with your treatment.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Why would I need price information?
- Is the amount I owe the same if I have health insurance?
- What amount will I owe if I do not have insurance?
- What is an estimated average price?
- Will my bill be different than the price provided on this website?
- How are prices established for HonorHealth services?
- Are prices for CT scan, MRI, ultrasound and x-ray procedures also estimated?
- Why are prices for services at outpatient locations less than prices for services at HonorHealth hospitals?
- Is the price information provided on the website valid for all HonorHealth locations?
- How much is my co-pay / coinsurance / deductible?
- What are the procedure codes and why are they used?
- What if the procedure I'm looking for is not on the website?
- Where can I get answers to questions about my bills from HonorHealth?
- How can I determine the overall value of HonorHealth services?
- How do I request a quote?
The information we provide on the HonorHealth website provides a general idea of the hospital prices for common inpatient, outpatient and diagnostic procedures. Your final bill may vary depending on the actual services provided, existing health conditions that may impact the procedure and your insurance coverage if you are insured.
The amount you owe depends on the benefits of your insurance plan. If you have health insurance, you should contact your insurance company directly to understand what your financial obligation will be. You may be asked to provide a procedure code which can be obtained from your physician's office.
We encourage uninsured patients to contact us at 623-580-5800 to see if they qualify for Medicaid or any other type of financial assistance.
HonorHealth provides care to anyone who comes to us, regardless of their ability to pay. We work with patients on a case-by-case basis. We encourage anyone with questions about the hospital bill to call our financial counselors in Patient Financial Services at 623-580-5800.
The estimated average price is the average price for all patients who had the same procedure. It is not a fixed quote. Remember, this estimate excludes physician services.
The amount you owe may vary due to a number of circumstances:
- Additional testing, medications, services or procedures ordered.
- The procedure planned may not be the procedure performed based on your physician's assessment.
- Pre-existing health factors such as obesity, diabetes or smoking may impact your medical needs.
- The type of insurance you have, your deductibles, coinsurance or out-of-pocket limits will determine your final bill.
Prices are revised each year on January 1 and are rarely subject to change during the year. To establish prices, we consider many factors, including:
- The cost of providing staff, equipment, facilities, medications and other supplies.
- The amount of time our facilities and staff are involved in providing services.
- Insurance company contracts.
- Information provided by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, the federal agency that manages the Medicare and Medicaid program.
Yes. Prices for these procedures are blended rates and are revised annually on January 1. Contact your insurance company directly to understand which services are covered and which location is more cost effective.
The price may be less because the cost of running an outpatient location is less than a hospital that is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
The price information is valid for HonorHealth inpatient and outpatient locations, including hospitals.
This question is best answered by your insurance company. Contact information for your insurance provider can typically be found on your insurance card. In the event you need assistance, please call a HonorHealth representative at 623-300-9044.
Current Procedural Terminology (CPT) codes are five-digit codes used by all hospitals, physicians and insurance companies to identify a specific type of service or procedure. Diagnosis-Related Group (DRG) codes are a system used to classify hospital cases for the purpose of reimbursements from programs such as Medicare.
If you are unable to find the specific procedure information you are seeking, please contact us at our locations as follows:
Deer Valley Medical Center and John C. Lincoln Medical Center:
Scottsdale Shea, Scottsdale Osborn, Scottsdale Thompson Peak Medical Center, Greenbaum Center and Piper Surgery Center:
Provider services performed in the provider office, contact the office where services will be rendered. You may be asked to provide a specific five-digit procedure code or ICD-9 code. These can be obtained from your physician's office.
You contact a customer service representative by calling 623-300-9044 Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Health care value refers to a combination of quality and cost. HonorHealth continues to provide high quality care efficiently and cost-effectively. We carefully control our costs and consistently are in the lowest 25 percentage of costs compared to hospitals of similar size in the nation. This translates to prices that are significantly less than other hospitals' prices.
To request a quote for specific services, please use our Request a Quote form.