When it's time to choose a doctor, you have lots of choices. Here are some important things to consider:
- Skills and compassion. You'll know if your physician is right for you if you receive prompt, skilled treatment and the personal attention and care you deserve. When choosing a doctor for your child or family member, look for one who connects on a personal level, who's empathetic and caring from the first time you meet.
- Timely appointments. You'll want appointments readily available for all of your needs, including evening or weekend hours. Or consider a physician's office that has immediate care options – extended hours seven days a week with no appointment required, plus co-pays equal to a regular visit.
- Nearby locations. When you're ill or taking care of a sick relative, traveling long distances to reach a doctor won't be an attractive option. Choose a physician whose office near where you live and work.
- Insurance. Does your doctor accept your specific insurance plan? Make sure your doctor not only takes your insurance but that you understand your out-of-pocket costs.
- Connections. Your doctor should work with a team of other healthcare providers, because you will eventually need care from others. Discuss connections your physician has with medical imaging, laboratory services, other doctors, and your local hospital. Make sure your doctor would use those same services for his or her own family. Also, ensure your doctor uses an electronic health record system so you and every healthcare provider can access the same information.
- HonorHealth physicians are accepting new patients.
- HonorHealth Medical Group physicians accept Medicare.
- We accept a broad range of insurance plans. Check to see if yours is accepted.
If you're new to the Valley or need to switch doctors because of your insurance plan, call the HonorHealth call center at 623-580-5800. It's the only phone call you need to make to find your personal physician. You can also use our online searchable physician database to find a doctor whose location is near you.