Military Partnership program at HonorHealth
The HonorHealth Military Partnership Program began in 2004 with 24 Arizona Air National Guard medical personnel. Since then the program has trained more than 3,000 soldiers and airmen in trauma and deployment skills at the 7,500 square foot training center on the HonorHealth Scottsdale Osborn Medical Center campus. All branches of the military, active duty, National Guard and Reserves may participate.
The program includes:
- US Air Force Magnet Fellowship (1 academic year)
- US Air Force Surgical Leadership Fellowship (1 academic year)
- US Army Doctorate of Science in Physician Assistant Studies (Emergency Medicine, 30-day trauma rotation)
- Readiness Skill Sustainment Training Program: Two-week annual training course with clinical trauma and other rotations structured for the Guard and Reserves.
- Medical Simulation Training: Provides realistic medical training using hi-fidelity human simulators.
- Nurse Transition Program: A 10-week course designed to prepare new graduate nurses for active-duty military service. HonorHealth is one of four NTP training sites and is recognized as a Center of Excellence by the Air Force Surgeon General. The NTP educates more than 60 nurses annually. At graduation, these Air Force nurses are ready to meet the unique challenges of military nursing in both domestic and global deployed settings.
- Critical Care / Emergency Trauma Nursing Fellowship: A 12-month training program for USAF active duty nurses in the Emergency Department and Special Care units. Fellows gain theory and hands-on clinical experience that meets professional standards of care. At the completion of the fellowship, nurses emerge experienced clinicians in critical care and emergency trauma with the confidence to care for the highest acuity patients.
For additional information, please contact:
Military Partnership Office Supervisor
Email Lenore or call 480-882-6577.
Roxanne Flynn, RN, MSN, CHSE
Military Partnership, Simulation Training Center, Emergency Mgmt & Communications
Email Roxanne or call 480-882-5709.