Your Cancer Care Coordinator
Every cancer diagnosis comes with questions that need answers, treatments to consider, concerns from family members and uncertainty on how to navigate the healthcare system.
The cancer care coordinators at the Virginia G. Piper Cancer Center are here to help support and guide you throughout your care. They are ready to help you and your family — at no cost to you.
Our cancer care coordinators are masters'-prepared registered nurses with advanced expertise in oncology. They are knowledgeable about cancer and the resources available to you.
From the time you're diagnosed, this nurse coordinator is available as a dedicated member of your cancer care team and will facilitate personalized cancer care for you and your family.
Serving as a link between you, your physicians and the Virginia G. Piper Cancer Center or Clinical Trials team, cancer care coordinators will provide education, support and resources to you and your family. They can:
- Help you understand your cancer treatment plan by consulting with you and your family members to describe the comprehensive spectrum of services available at the Virginia G. Piper Cancer Center.
- Assist with finding answers to medical questions by assessing the individual needs of you and your family, and providing the necessary education, information and resource materials.
- Give ongoing support and accurate information by conducting follow-ups to ease stress and provide ongoing support and education.
- Educate you on how to navigate today's healthcare system by sharing strategies for being your own healthcare advocate.
- Provide you with referrals to physicians, treatment services and support programs.
If you have any other questions or concerns, your first step is to contact one of our cancer care coordinators, who will help guide you in the right direction.
To schedule a consultation with a cancer care coordinator at the Virginia G. Piper Cancer Center, please call 480-323-1255 or 877-273-3639.
To schedule a consultation with an oncology nurse navigator who specializes in clinical trials at Virginia G. Piper Cancer Center Clinical Trials, please call 480-323-1339 or 877-273-3713.