When you're going through cancer treatment, you might not feel like exercising. But physical activity can provide a wealth of benefits when you're going through treatment. You can:
- Boost your endurance
- Decrease fatigue
- Improve your state of mind
- Increase your self-confidence
- Lessen depression
- Give you more energy to perform your daily tasks
Through the HonorHealth Virginia G. Piper Cancer Care Network, you can begin and maintain an appropriate exercise routine in a supportive environment. Skilled professionals, including certified clinical exercise specialists and personal trainers, can help you select a program or activity that's right for you.
- Personalized exercise programs designed by an American College of Sports Medicine certified clinical exercise specialist and daily sessions with a personal trainer certified by the American Council of Exercise
- Wellness programs that include aerobic conditioning, strength training, flexibility and range-of-motion exercises
- Monitored exercise sessions, including blood pressure screenings and heart rate and oxygen saturation readings
- Month-to-month, self-pay membership - no contracts or initiation fees
The exercise rehabilitation program is located in the HonorHealth Virginia G. Piper Cancer Center at 10460 N. 92nd St. in Scottsdale.
To get started, call 480-323-1233.