In-Home Therapy Services
For your convenience, HonorHealth offers in-home therapy delivered according to your doctor's orders. Therapists come to your home and help you improve your health through a variety of activities.
Physical Therapy Services
Physical therapists improve your mobility and physical strength, as well as alleviate pain. Services may include:
- Gait training to help you stand and walk.
- Transfer training to properly move your body from one surface to another.
- Neuromuscular re-education that trains your muscles and nerves to work together.
- Therapeutic exercise that restores and maintains strength, endurance, flexibility, stability and balance.
- Ultrasound and electrical stimulation of your muscles.
Occupational Therapy Services
Occupational therapists help you perform daily living activities such as bathing, eating or dressing. Individuals with physical, developmental and/or social problems might need the skills of an occupational therapist. Services may include:
- Improving your motor skills in relation to perceptual stimulation.
- Applying splints to support your daily activities.
- Helping you adapt equipment you use on a regular basis.
- Activity training that maximizes your ability to care for yourself.
- Muscle training and energy conservation.
Speech and Language Therapy Services
Speech and language pathologists help you restore speech that may have been lost due to some form of trauma, as well as train you to improve breathing and swallowing. Services may include:
- Alternate communication methods.
- Voice and speech retraining.
- Language restoration.
- Esophageal speech training.
- Cognitive retraining.
- Oral/facial exercises.
- Swallowing disorder treatment.
Schedule an Appointment
You can receive in-home therapy services seven days a week, 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Please call the intake care coordinator at 480-882-4222.