Your HonorHealth primary care provider works closely with you to develop a plan for your health. When scheduling your appointment, there are a few things to make note of to ensure you get the most out of your visit. We spoke with Tiffany Pankow, MD, VP, chief of caregiver wellness and patient experience, and Melanie Patton, MD, associate chief medical officer and family medicine physician, HonorHealth Medical Group, to learn more.
Q: How do I schedule an appointment with my primary care provider?
A: You can schedule an appointment online using our patient portal, MyChart, or by calling 623-580-5800.
Q: What types of appointments can I make with my primary care provider?
- New health concerns or symptoms, such as knee pain, trouble sleeping, etc.
- Sick visit for respiratory illnesses, urinary tract infections, etc.
- Medicare annual wellness visit - a once yearly preventive screening covered by Medicare
- Annual physical / Preventive exam
- Health screenings, including cancer
- Counseling regarding healthy behaviors for disease prevention
- Routine immunizations
- Not covered by Medicare, but is covered by most commercial insurance and some Medicare supplements
- Preoperative evaluation - Requires that your surgeon send the requested evaluation information to the clinic prior to your visit
- Ongoing concerns for established issues / Chronic condition follow-up
- Hospital / ER / Urgent Care follow-up
Q: Which insurance plans do you accept?
A: Please visit our Insurance plans accepted at HonorHealth page for more information.
Q: Which medications and vitamins does my insurance cover?
A: Please check with your insurance provider for more information about coverage.
Q: What should I bring to my appointment?
- Your insurance card.
- Your immunization card.
- A list of current prescriptions, herbal supplements, vitamins and/or over-the-counter medications you are taking, including dose and frequency. This will allow our providers to check for any potentially dangerous drug interactions using our electronic health record.
- Pertinent information regarding your medical and surgical history.
- Names and addresses of previous physicians, and, if possible, please have your previous medical records sent to our office prior to your visit.
- Emergency contact information, and who we may speak with regarding your medical care.
- Your advance directive(s).
Q: Do I need to complete any forms before my appointment?
A: The team at your primary care provider’s office will inform you of any forms that we require prior to your appointment. Please visit our Patient Resources page for a list of our forms in both English and Spanish. Some forms are also available via eCheck-In on MyChart.
Q: If my primary care provider requests lab work, where can I go to have this done?
A: For your convenience, most HonorHealth primary care locations have lab services available. If you have an order from an HonorHealth primary care provider, you can visit any of our Lab Services locations to get your lab work completed. HonorHealth Lab Services can perform almost any screening or diagnostic test.
Q: Does an annual physical / preventive exam cover my routine lab work?
A: Routine lab work may be ordered during your preventive exam, but insurance coverage varies based on your insurance provider.
Q: When will I receive my lab work results? Can I view them online?
A: Your results are available to view immediately in MyChart. Your provider will need time to review them and respond to you within a timely manner.