The HonorHealth Family Birthing Suites – Scottsdale Osborn offers comfortable private birthing suites overseen by a helpful staff of caring professionals. Everyone's focus will be on supporting you during your stay.
Designed for family-centered care, the birthing suites are home-like rooms that offer an intimate birthing experience in a relaxed, quiet and comfortable setting. Experienced physicians and nurses will ensure that all your questions are answered and that your needs are met.
The Family Birthing Suites includes nine labor and delivery rooms and 12 post-partum rooms. During your stay, you can:
- Order room service conveniently from your television once you've delivered.
- Access free Internet.
Once your baby is born, a brief lullaby will be played throughout the hospital, allowing others to share your joy.
After delivery, your baby will remain with you in your post-partum room until discharge. This provides quality bonding time and gives you and your family an opportunity to learn what to expect when your baby comes home.
Everything you need for a safe arrival
You and your baby's medical needs will be met by an experienced and dedicated team of physicians, obstetricians, neonatologists (physicians who take care of premature babies or sick infants) and nurses supporting you at each stage of your delivery and beyond.
You and your baby will find the services, medical experts and amenities you need at one convenient location. Be assured that two surgical suites are available, if needed, to ensure the safe arrival of your baby.
Level II special care nursery
Scottsdale Osborn Medical Center has a Level II special care nursery that is designed to meet the needs of babies with more complicated care requirements. This five-bed unit can accommodate babies 32 weeks of age or older. The nursery is staffed by:
- Neonatologists. HonorHealth’s neonatologists serve both the Level III NICU at Scottsdale Shea Medical Center and the Level II special care nursery at Scottsdale Osborn Medical Center.
- Specially trained nurses.
- Respiratory therapists with special training in infant care.
Advanced, specialized equipment and family-friendly policies ensure that you and your family can remain close to your newborn throughout his or her hospital stay.
Whether you're a first-time mom or you're adding another child to your family, you have resources that will help make your experience special at Scottsdale Osborn:
- As natural as breastfeeding is, there may be times you need extra support and advice. HonorHealth's Center for Breastfeeding Support can help.
- Commemorate your baby's birth with a donation to the Scottsdale Osborn Tree of Love. All donations directly support HonorHealth women's and children's services.