Why choose to have your baby at HonorHealth?
What's important to you as you prepare for childbirth? Consider HonorHealth maternity services as the right place to welcome your newborn into the world if you're looking for:
- Personalized care that focuses on the smallest detail
- The most technologically advanced medical services
- Experienced, knowledgeable obstetricians and anesthesiologists
- A warm, compassionate and experienced staff to support you
- Convenient birthing centers at Scottsdale Shea and Sonoran Crossing medical centers
- Safety and comfort
You'll give birth in a private, comfortable, home-like birthing suite. The skilled HonorHealth maternity team will follow your birthing plan and support you every step of the way.
After your baby is born, you and your baby will move to a postpartum room where you'll stay until discharge. You'll have a nurse dedicated to the needs of both of you.
Family-friendly policies ensure you and your family can remain close to your newborn throughout your hospital stay. Studies show that rooming in, mom and baby staying in the same room, supports bonding between you and your baby, and with the baby's immediate family members. It also gives an opportunity to learn more about what life will be like once you head home with your baby.
Neonatologists and an available neonatal intensive care unit (NICU)
If your baby requires special care, you'll find it at both Scottsdale Shea and Sonoran Crossing medical centers.
Scottsdale Shea is the only hospital in the northeast Valley with a Level III neonatal intensive care unit designation from the Arizona Perinatal Trust. The Level III NICU serves babies requiring subspecialty and intensive care at all gestational ages. This allows your baby to receive specialized care closer to home.
Sonoran Crossing’s nursery is a Level II nursery, as certified by the Arizona Perinatal Trust. The Level II nursery serves babies who require more than well newborn care but less than intensive care. The same neonatologists (physicians who take care of premature babies or sick infants) serve both Scottsdale Shea and Sonoran Crossing hospitals.
Resources for families before and after baby is born
Take advantage of HonorHealth's available resources before and after you bring your newborn home:
- Tours familiarize family members with birthing suites at Sonoran Crossing, and postnatal rooms, surgical areas and Level III NICU at Scottsdale Shea.
- Classes abound — for new moms and dads, siblings, those having a scheduled cesarean and on topics such as breastfeeding and caring for a newborn. Online options are even available for those with limited time and/or mobility.
- Support is never far away. Take advantage of support groups for new moms and those struggling with postpartum depression.
- If you have questions about breastfeeding while you're in the hospital or once you're home, the Center for Breastfeeding Support (at Scottsdale Shea and Sonoran Crossing) can help.
- The Essential Touch Boutique provides practical and pampering items for new moms, including skin care products, baby carriers and nursing supplies (including breast pump rentals).
- The Essential Touch Wellness Center at Scottsdale Shea even offers in-room spa treatments to reduce stress and create a sense of well-being.
Please note the HonorHealth Photography, Filming, and Digital Recording policy.
Simplified options for pre-registering and making cash payments
You can submit the necessary paperwork before your special day by pre-registering online.
In addition, the cost for your baby's birth can be reduced if you're able to pay cash in advance. In fact, this can result in significant savings. Medical costs vary, but you can review cash pay options.
Learn more about HonorHealth's maternity services by downloading a printable PDF brochure.