First, we'll ease your worries.
Many members of our expert team of doctors and nurses at Scottsdale Shea Medical Center and Deer Valley Medical Center are parents, too. They'll reassure you and your child while focusing on delivering personalized emergency or inpatient care.
You'll find dedicated pediatric ERs designed just for kids and staffed by board-certified emergency physicians and nurses trained in pediatric care at:
- Scottsdale Shea Medical Center. Serving the Northeast Valley, this Pediatric ER has a full complement of pediatric specialists available with 24-hour coverage for pediatric surgery and orthopedic needs.
- Deer Valley Medical Center in Phoenix. This Children's Emergency Center is open 24/7 to serve the North Valley.
If your child needs to stay overnight at either Scottsdale Shea or Deer Valley Medical Center, a Child Life Specialist is one of the first professionals he or she will meet. This staff member is trained to interact with children in a hospital setting to help them understand their treatment and to reduce their anxiety and apprehension.
At Scottsdale Shea Medical Center, hospitalist-based pediatricians and pediatric intensive care doctors provide personalized care in collaboration with community pediatricians 24 hours a day. Patients have access to these specialties:
- Pediatric General Surgery
- Pediatric Cardiology
- Pediatric Pulmonology
- Pediatric Anesthesiology
- Pediatric Endocrinology
- Pediatric Orthopedics
- Pediatric Hematology / Oncology
- Pediatric Otolaryngology or ENT (ears, eyes nose and throat)
- Pediatric Urology
- Pediatric Radiology
In addition, Scottsdale Shea Medical Center is the only hospital in the Northeast Valley with a Level III Newborn Intensive Care Unit (NICU) designation, caring for critically ill newborns and mothers with high-risk pregnancies.