Cancer Nurse Navigators
A cancer diagnosis comes with plenty to think about. You’ll have questions that need answers, tests to schedule, treatment options to consider, concerns from family members or uncertainty about what to do next.
You’re not alone; we have a plan for you.
Central to your plan is a cancer nurse navigator who will support and guide you throughout your treatment. Your navigator will be your personal advocate, help you gain quick access to treatment, and find the best doctor for your type of cancer.
Your navigator is an experienced, advanced practice nurse with an expertise in cancer treatments, including clinical trials and immunotherapy. From the time you're diagnosed, your navigator will be a dedicated member of your cancer care team.
Your navigator will be the link between you, your family, physicians and the Virginia G. Piper Cancer Center and the clinical trials teams. Your navigator will:
- Empower you with the knowledge to select the best treatment and best doctors for your type of cancer.
- Consult with you and your family about services available at the Virginia G. Piper Cancer Center.
- Assess the individual needs of you and your family and provide education, information and resource materials.
- Conduct follow-up to ease your stress and provide ongoing support and education.
- Educate you on navigating the healthcare system and being your own healthcare advocate.
You first step is to contact our cancer nurse navigators, who will help guide you and create your plan. To schedule a consultation, call 480-323-1255. If you have questions about how a clinical trial can help you, the clinical trials navigators can be reached directly at 480-323-1339.