A multi-phased plan for recovery
We use a three-phase approach for cardiac rehabilitation, including:
- Phase one: Rehabilitation starts in the hospital where the care team will help educate you about heart disease and gradually introduce you to exercise and prepare you to go home.
- Phase two: After you leave the hospital, the Cardiac Rehabilitation team will provide you with the knowledge and tools necessary for a healthy lifestyle. Through active participation and counseling on exercise, nutrition, heart disease, stress and emotional well-being, you will learn how to improve your physical health, regain your strength and reduce your risk for future heart issues.
- Phase three: Enables you to build on your progress from phase two with preventive education, rehabilitation support and continued physical activity.
Please note: All phases require physician prescriptions. Insurance coverage options vary by phase.
For more information, please refer to our Cardiac Rehabilitation Program (PDF).
Each session includes a review of new medical issues and a brief patient assessment, including weight, vital signs, edema evaluation, fatigue scale assessment, medication reconciliation and glucose check (if you are diabetic).
Pulmonary Rehabilitation Program
The HonorHealth Pulmonary Rehabilitation Program is designed to improve the health and well-being of patients with chronic breathing problems, such as chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD). Our elite team, consisting of pulmonologists, exercise physiologists, respiratory therapists, social workers and mental health counselors, will partner with you to create a personalized care plan to help you participate in activities with less shortness of breath and equip you with ways to effectively manage your condition.
The program includes:
- An evaluation and assessment to understand baseline activity and breathing capacity levels at the start and end of the program
- Stretching exercises to improve flexibility
- Resistive exercises to improve muscle strength, balance and endurance
- Aerobic training on various modalities, such as stationary bicycles, treadmills, etc.
- Group support as well as individual coaching and supervision
- Patient and family education, including disease management tools
- Group and 1:1 stress management
- Group and individual emotional and social counseling support
- Breathing exercises to improve lung function
- Nutritional counseling
Please note: The HonorHealth Pulmonary Rehabilitation Program is currently only available at the HonorHealth Cardiac and Pulmonary Rehab – John C. Lincoln location.