If you're recovering from a hand surgery, an accident or injury, normal activities such as eating, dressing or using a computer may seem challenging, if not impossible.
At HonorHealth, our caring hand therapists use state-of-the-art technology and the latest therapy techniques to help improve functionality, letting you get back to your daily activities as soon as possible.
Our certified hand therapists will evaluate you and your health history, discuss your therapy goals and work closely with your physician to develop a personal treatment plan, focusing on the area where you need support the most. During each subsequent session, you'll receive one-on-one care to help you make progress safely and quickly.
Our hand therapists offer specialized care for a broad range of diagnoses including:
- Upper arm, elbow, forearm, wrist or hand fractures.
- Tendon or nerve lacerations.
- Crush injuries.
- Pain syndromes.
- Rheumatoid arthritis.
- Tendonitis such as tennis elbow, golfer's elbow or trigger finger.
Your therapist can use a wide range of treatments to best meet your unique needs and help you heal, including:
- Custom splinting.
- Manual therapy.
- Physical agent modalities.
- Range of motion.
- Tendon gliding.
- Nerve gliding.
- Sensory re-education.
- Daily living activities with assistive devices and adaptive strategies.
- Home exercise programs.
You also will receive education materials about such injuries and conditions as:
- Dog, cat or spider bites.
- Dupuytren's release.
- Strains or sprains.
- Nerve entrapments/neuropathies such as carpal tunnel syndrome or cubital tunnel syndrome.
For more information, see our outpatient therapy locations or call 480-324-7408.