Your Heart Health
The health of your heart is one of your most prized possessions. You should guard it with your life.
To help you do that, HonorHealth offers this special educational section about heart health. You'll learn about heart anatomy, health-screening results, risk factors for heart disease, women's heart health and heart attack warning signs.
- How the Heart Works: Read our brief introduction to heart anatomy and how it pumps blood throughout your body.
- Know Your Heart Numbers: See a chart of measurements covering blood pressure, cholesterol levels, triglycerides and more. Learn what's healthy — and what's not.
- Heart Disease Risk Factors and Prevention: Learn why high blood pressure, cholesterol, diabetes, obesity and other factors severely impact the heart.
- Women and Heart Disease: Women and men are not the same when it comes to heart disease. Learn about women's risk factors, specialized heart care for women and signs of heart disease and heart attack in women.
- Heart Attack Symptoms: Become familiar with the warning signs of heart attack. If they strike, don't ignore them. Call 911 immediately.
Heath Health Evaluations
HonorHealth offers low-cost heart health evaluations to the community. The evaluation includes body weight, height and BMI measurements, glucose and blood pressure checks, and a full risk assessment of heart disease. If you're identified as high risk, you'll be referred to a cardiologist.