If your child is experiencing developmental delays, motor skill issues or recovering from surgery, HonorHealth's Kidz Klinic at Scottsdale Shea Medical Center can help. We offer caring support to our youngest patients in our kid-friendly environment. Knowing your child is in good hands can give you peace of mind when you need it most.
Advanced Treatment and Technology
Our team of specialists — including speech, physical and occupational therapists — uses state-of-the art therapy technology and techniques to help your child make positive steps forward. The therapists will evaluate your child and your child's health history, discuss therapy goals and work closely with your child's physician to develop a personal treatment plan, focusing on the area in which your child needs support the most. During each session, your child will receive one-on-one care to help him/her progress safely and quickly.
Our therapists evaluate and treat a variety of conditions and disorders including:
- Abnormal gait disturbances.
- Abnormal tonal deficit.
- Cleft palate and related disorders.
- Congenital deficits/syndromes.
- Developmental delay in speech, language, gross motor skills and fine motor skills.
- Down's Syndrome.
- Oral motor syndrome.
- Speech and swallowing dysfunction.
- Sports injury rehabilitation.
- Post orthopedic injury/surgery.
Services designed to meet your child's unique needs include:
- Physical therapy: Promotes independent functioning and the restoration of normal joint functions using specialized techniques such as mobility and balance training, strengthening and sports/play therapy.
- Occupational therapy: Addresses deficits hindering your child's progression through normal development in activities such as daily living, play, self-care and leisure activities.
Our upper-extremity specialist treats orthopedic disorders and provides post-surgical rehabilitation.
- Speech therapy: Provides treatment for speech and language, feeding and oral motor skills.
For more information, please call 480-323-3516.