You're tired of being tired. You wish you could get down on the floor to play with the kids and grandkids. You'd like to ride in a plane without a special belt. Your diabetes diagnosis was the final straw.
Whatever your reason for wanting to lose weight once and for all, the HonorHealth Bariatric Center will help you every step of the way.
Obesity is a complex disease that is not always as easy as "energy in/energy out." Chances are, your metabolism may be working against your ability to lose weight. The good news is that there are medically approved ways to effectively confront this disease.
Having worked with thousands of patients on their weight loss journeys, the HonorHealth bariatric team understands and is committed to supporting you. You'll find a multidisciplinary bariatric weight loss approach that's personalized and geared toward your success.
A team approach to bariatric weight loss
What you can expect with the highly skilled HonorHealth team at each phase of your weight loss journey includes:
- A partnership with a highly skilled bariatric surgeon.
- Expert care, education and support that's focused on you and your needs.
- Complete access to diet, nutrition and behavioral health experts.
- Connections with other patients through in-person and online support groups.
- A dedicated hospital unit with certified bariatric nurses to address your concerns.
You'll never be alone in this process. Support is always a phone call or an email away.
Safety and experience
Nothing is more important than protecting your safety. The HonorHealth Bariatric Center is an Accredited Comprehensive Center with Adolescent by the Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Accreditation and Quality Improvement Program. HonorHealth ranks in the top 10 percent in multiple categories in those programs.
The HonorHealth Bariatric Center features:
- Minimally invasive surgery options performed laparoscopically: gastric bypass, gastric sleeve (sleeve gastrectomy) and adjustable gastric band.
- Revisions on surgeries performed elsewhere that did not get optimal results.
- Nonsurgical endoscopic intragastric balloon.
- A stand-alone or pre-surgical weight loss program that's physician-supervised.
- Expert care for adolescents and for those with very high body mass indexes.
Bariatric weight loss research
You can benefit from HonorHealth's quest for innovations. Your bariatric surgeons are pioneering obesity research that directly impacts your health and the well-being of individuals in the community, the U.S. and other countries.
In partnership with the HonorHealth Research Institute, the Bariatric Research Program gives you early access to participate in studies that bring innovative treatment options to market. In fact, one of these clinical trials resulted in FDA-approval of the intragastric balloon.