No matter who you are, a cancer diagnosis is tough to hear.
Questions flood your brain: Will you be able to mark the milestones you always expected — a fulfilling career, kids, grandkids, a relaxing retirement or that special trip? Will you find the right doctors, the right treatments and the right hospital to outmaneuver cancer?
You should know that today more than 50 percent of all cancers are cured — yes, cured — because of early detection and innovative treatments.
The Virginia G. Piper Cancer Center has redefined cancer care in the Valley for 20 years. Today HonorHealth has extended its cancer services through a network of locations across metro Phoenix. The HonorHealth Virginia G. Piper Cancer Care Network features:
- Cancer care provided at HonorHealth's five hospitals.
- Specialized centers for breast cancer imaging and breast cancer support.
- Cancer treatment options, including chemotherapy, immunotherapy and targeted therapies, at convenient locations throughout the greater Phoenix area.
- A blood cancers program that specializes in leukemia, lymphomas, multiple myelomas and stem cell transplants.
- Personalized, targeted medicine and care.
- State-of-the-art diagnostic tests.
- Groundbreaking therapies that become tomorrow's cure.
- A holistic, team-centered approach that encompasses services to heal mind, body and spirit.
When your first HonorHealth expert consults with you, he or she activates a network of other experts; they work as a team to manage your health.
HonorHealth treats every kind of adult cancer, but the network has specialized programs for:
- Breast cancers.
- Pancreatic cancer.
- Blood cancers.
- Gastrointestinal cancers such as colorectal cancers.
- Gynecologic cancers such as ovarian and uterine.
- Urinary and male genital tract cancers such as prostate cancer.
- Lung cancers.
- Neurologic cancers.
- Skin cancers.
- Metastatic cancers.
A cancer care destination
As a resident of the Phoenix metro area, you'll receive sophisticated cancer care in your own backyard, not at a big-city, impersonal facility. If you live outside metropolitan Phoenix, you'll be one of many who make HonorHealth a destination for their cancer care.
At HonorHealth, you can see a care provider within 48 hours of your initial diagnosis or request for services. You'll also find:
- A cancer care navigator guiding your every step.
- Immediate access to the latest groundbreaking cancer treatment methods.
- Treatment that harnesses the power of your immune system.
- Treatment based on your genetic make-up.
- Partnerships with the world's leading cancer providers and pharmaceutical companies.
- Creation of the future of cancer care through clinical trials.
- Personalized care and support services.
- Interception of cancer before it happens through genetic counseling and screening.
- Arizona's most successful blood cancer and stem cell transplant program.